During Lent, St Oswald’s will once again be hosting an ecumenical Lent course.
This year the course will be based on the book ‘Lentwise: Spiritual Essentials for Real Life’ by Paula Gooder.
This is a five week course, starting on Thursday 15th February, and will be led by our Priest, the Rev Jim Geen.
This course will explore five ‘spiritual essentials’ for real life that will help us to raise various questions that affect all our lives:
• A compass: Where are we going in life? How do we know where we should be going on life’s journey? What is life all about?
• Bread: What nourishes me and keeps me going? What really feeds me?
• Light/a torch or lamp: Where do I get insights about my everyday life? What shines a light in my life and gives me clarity?
• Shelter: Where do I find true security? What makes me feel safe?
• Water: Where do I get refreshments? How do I avoid getting burned out?
There will be two sessions each Thursday, one at 10.30am and another at 7.30pm, so you can attend whichever is more convenient. Both sessions will begin with tea and coffee. There will be a short service of Holy Communion before the 10.30am session, beginning at 10am, but you can just come for 10.30am if you cannot attend the service.
Week 1: Thursday 15th February, 10.30am (10am for Holy Communion) or 7.30pm, St Oswald’s Church